Yes, be aware of China tariffs. Did you know that most of Alamo Refrigeration commercial restaurant products were imported from China? Not a bad thing. Except if you were expecting prices to stay LOW, you will be shocked come January 2019? If you are in the market to buy commercial refrigeration, then the time to buy is now! DO NOT WAIT. Going into year 2019 we are forecasting a shortage of commercial refrigeration restaurant equipment. The prices are targeted to rise 50% to 75% higher. Please be aware of the below effective July 6th that will effect many items being imported from China. This is calling for a 10-25% duty increase on products listed in the link below for Annex A & B. The items listed in Annex C went into effect September 6, 2018.
SECTION 301 Tariff:
- On August 18, 2017, the Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR) initiated an investigation under Section 301 of the Trade Act of 1974 into the government of China’s acts, policies, and practices related to technology transfer, intellectual property, and innovation.
- On March 22, 2018, the USTR issued a notice of determination and request for comments that stated that the government of China’s acts, policies, and practices covered by the investigation were found to be actionable under Section 301(b) of the Trade Act.
- Section 301 Trade Tarriff is in effect now at 10% and expected to rise to 25% by January 1, 2019 only months away. See attached link: CSMS# 18-000409 – Section 301 Trade Remedies to be Assessed on Certain Products from China Effective July 6
- There will be a shortage of US made commercial refrigeration because there is limited production and the american manufacturers are at full capacity with higher prices and lengthy lead times. It will only get worse as we near year 2019.
- Alamo Refrigeration will exhaust its RESTAURANT inventory before year end to avoid inventory and franchise tax of over flow stock. In addition, we have begun planning and production orders for 1st quarter 2019. This means we expect the prices and availability to be extreme.
Act now, buy now, and get the best price and availability from Alamo Refrigeration. We look forward to your business and our professional customer service department will take care of your questions and needs. Call 888-605-COLD Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm CDST or email firstname.lastname@example.org.